Sunday, May 13, 2012

What mothers day means to me


This morning I woke to my children jumping on me to wish me a happy mothers day. 
Mothers day to them is an exciting time to feel important and do all the good things that children can do for their mums.

I am sitting in bed waiting for my bacon and eggs and my coffee. I like sitting here for *just* a little while....

This year the mothers day stall at school outdid themselves. For $5 each I think they managed to get great presents.

I got this hand and body set from my Naomi....


These lovely coasters from my Hannah


This awesome bag from my Jonah which I think I will use for all of my crochet yarn!


And Naomi made me this coconut ice in class and Hannah gave me a coupon book that has lovely things like massages from her in there....WINNING!

I also got a real living magazine subscription and a large crochet footrest from the hubby!


Mothers day to me means remembering my mum and the mums that have gone before her, my grandmothers who inspired this blog. It is calling my mum who lives far away and telling her how much I love her and that I appreciate everything she does for me. It is getting together with my mother in law and telling her how much I appreciate her also. 

This is my mum and me recently

It is being thankful for the blessing of being a mum. Really being thankful. I am mindful that some people's hearts yearn to be a mum and that that dream will never come true. It is being thankful for all of the pain, tears, heartache and loss that comes with being a mum, and being overjoyed with all of the laughter, love and light that they bring to my life. 

I am their best advocate, taxi driver and friend. I will never leave them. 
{I may even never let them leave!}

Most of all mothers day means spending time with these three blessings that God chose me to 
protect, serve and love. 

Thanks be to Him.




No comments:

Post a Comment