Monday, April 7, 2014

Home made pita bread


Life has been so busy lately and I am finding myself wanting to cook simple healthy meals. 

Wraps are a bit if a staple in our house but I didn't want to buy the store bought ones as they are laden with additives we just don't need.

Then I saw a post on my friend Tatums Facebook page about a home made yoghurt pita bread that was made on My Kitchen Rules.

It was a no brainer. I was trying this.

They were so easy to make and use only a few key ingredients. Wack any meat you please on these, or even use them with a curry for a winter option. They are divine.

Ingredients
500g plain flour
500g natural yoghurt
2 tsp baking powder 
1tsp dried oregano.  

Method
Mix ingredients into a dough and divide into 8-10 balls dusting well with extra flour.  Cook in an oiled fryingpan.  Cooke them on the first side until a crust forms then flipped them over and pushed them flat finishing with  a second quick cook on the first side.


So easy. So good. Perfect for the upcoming school holidays I feel.

2 comments: