Friday, August 10, 2012

The beauty at the end of the week.....

This week has been not much different from any other, other than I have managed to get a few more things done than normal as I had a child home sick for a day. Some ideas for some springtime headbands finally were able to come to be and a little bit of rest was had.

 My mind feels lighter, but still concerned with some pressing issues. How to fit it all in. How to best help my friend who was just diagnosed with a re-currence of ovarian cancer and how to live a more happy fulfilled life. 



I think the answer is to stop. Just be and let things be. Pray. Laugh. Love. Love hard. Really hard. Tell people that you love them. Fight for what you believe in and relax in each moment.

I said that I would journal some beauty in each day...I still haven't started, but it is all in my head.

Some things were the sound of my breathing as I almost fell asleep, thankful that I was still breathing, the crackling of the fire as I relaxed for ten minutes alone on the couch before school pickup, the smell of freshly baked cookies, laughing out loud with my best friend over a bacon and egg burger, the pounding of the pavement as I watched the sunrise while the moon was still in the sky.....

These four dollar jonquils from woolies that look so lovely in my milk jug on the hall table..and smell just as gorgeous as they look....


the history in these pieces that hubby bought home from a clean out at his Nanna's house last night....I imagine the stories behind them and the hands that used them......


and the pot is just awesome for holding all our kindling for the fire!....


Wishing you all just a beautiful weekend!......



No comments:

Post a Comment