Monday, July 16, 2012

THE best meatballs



You know when you want a quick and tasty dinner that the kids will eat, that doesn't cost alot and will leave you wanting more and more?. This is it. THE tastiest meatballs and I am going to share my secret recipe with you. The sauce for this recipe is pretty much exactly how I make my bolognaise also, so you can use it for that too!

Ingredients for the meatballs

500g beef mince
1 brown onion, chopped finely
A few handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs (I use the ends of my bread, process and store in the freezer for when I am going to use them)
Two tablespoons of tomato paste
Salt and pepper
1 large egg


Ingredients for the sauce

1 Tin Condensed tomato soup
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tin water
2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
Salt and pepper

Method

So, in a bowl mix all the ingredients for your meatballs together and in your hands roll into small balls. You can put these in the fridge for a while to firm up if you like to use later. When ready to cook, in a large non-stick frypan add some olive oil and pop the meatballs in, turning as they brown until they are mostly cooked. Don't worry if they are a little pink as they will finish cooking in the sauce.

Next in another bowl add your sauce ingredients and mix together. Add to the meatballs and turn down to simmer on low for about 20 minutes.

While this is cooking put some spagetti in boiling water and cook. I also wack some garlic bread in the oven and pour a glass of wine and make a simple salad of leaves.

When cooked, plate up and scoff down!


No comments:

Post a Comment