Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Refreshing

I am lying in bed. I have been trying to sleep for the past two hours. It's just not happening. A thousand things are racing through my mind. I need to be still. To let Gods peace fill me but I just feel anxious. There are alot of 'what if's racing through my mind. Alot.

I need to let it go. Alot of things really. It's often when we are brought to a high that something will make us sour straight back down to a low point. Into the gutter. It could be as simple as a comment, a bad experience or a terrible meal but it leaves a sour taste in our hearts and minds.

I often need renewing. A time of refreshing my mind and filling it with good things and great people which surround me each day, and often I need time to be. Just be. Do you ever feel that way? Refreshing.

The blessings astound me that I have been given. I want to drink them in like lemonade. Refreshing to the soul. I want to give praise to my maker for all things good. Thank you. Deeply.

I want to be good. Not just simply good but deeply good. I want my character to shine and not be tainted. Please give me this I pray. I plead. Refresh my heart and my soul. Replenish me for the work before me to bring about your purpose. Send me. Just me. Humbly and ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment